Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Mt. Juneau

A last minute decision to scurry up the slopes of Mt. Juneau with a pal from Idaho. Considering it was late May, the north-facing slope and all its corresponding avalanche chutes were piled high with heavy snow. I would be a cold liar if I told you those chutes didn't spook me...

Looking south toward Roberts Peak, Gastineau Peak, and the Gastineau Channel


Looking east toward Canada and Olds Mountain. More snow than I'd ever know what to do with. But I'm sure I could come up with a few good ideas...

Facing southeast at a nice view. Pretty significant snowpack and a few gnarly avalanche chutes on Roberts Peak, Gastineau Peak, and Sheep Mountain across the way


A couple three mountain goats enjoying a mile high breeze (note: we are not literally one mile high). These billies and nannies elected to give us more personal space than the goats near Sperry Glacier in Montana...




Cityscape of Douglas, Alaska, with Eagle Peak and Admiralty Island sneaking into view in the background

No comments: